Help us make Ballina Fringe Festival 2020 an even greater success!
Ballina Fringe Festival would not be possible without support and goodwill from our funders, partners, sponsors, patrons, friends, audiences, performers and local community.
Your generosity plays a vital role in establishing Ballina Fringe Festival as a premier arts festival along the Wild Atlantic Way, bringing cutting edge arts and cultural experiences to North Mayo and sharing the experience of life on the Atlantic edge. We sincerely thank everyone who has supported Ballina Fringe Festival this year by contributing time, energy, advice, product or prizes, and a special thanks to our volunteers.
Five great reasons to support Ballina Fringe Festival in 2020
- Economic benefit: We are aiming to bring people into Ballina over two weeks in October, to fill beds in the town and encourage spending. We are aiming to deliver an economic benefit to the area of at least €250,000.
- Community engagement: The festival aims to bring art into the community, and welcomes involvement from anyone with an interest in the arts. This year, we will be actively working with Involve Youth Project, the North Mayo Youth Project, Ballina Men’s Shed, and Ballina Tidy Towns, and hopefully more!
- Other Voices: The proposed Other Voices festival is now not going ahead until after Christmas and we hope our festival will bring people into the town in October instead. In the long term we want to ensure that Ballina Fringe Festival becomes a sustainable and more financially viable autumn festival that will attract a similar type of audience to Ballina.
- Bringing funding into Ballina: Rather than aiming solely on local sponsorship to fund our festival, we wanted to bring additional funds into the town to lessen the burden on local businesses. 50% of our festival funding this year has come from national and European funding sources. We aim to continue bringing this additional money into the town and using it to benefit local businesses and the local community.
- A small festival with big ambitions: Our festival programme started small in 2018 and has expanded significantly in size and scope ever since. We want to continue to grow, in a sustainable and financially responsible way over the coming years and to build the reputation of this festival at a national and international level.
And one more reason – this year, more than ever, it’s vitally important that we have events that bring joy, laughter and fun to our community, in a safe and distanced way. Your business could play a part in making that happen.
We have support packages to suit businesses and individuals starting from €200, which include complimentary event tickets, invites to our Festival Supporters Evening, launch invitations, acknowledgement and publicity for your business and much more. Contact us for details.