Ballina Fringe Festival is currently seeking submissions from artists who wish to be considered for creating a piece of street art for Ballina, as part of a five-year programme, starting 2019. The five-year programme will comprise five landmark/flagship pieces of street art throughout the town of Ballina, as well as a number of secondary pieces/sites, created in collaboration with local youth groups.
Please note: this collaborative aspect of the project will be significant and substantial and will involve at least six weeks of contact time. This call for artists who wish to apply for Year One.
Application deadline: Wednesday 19th June 2019
The five-year programme will work to a theme – consisting of five individual strands.
The strands are:
– The People
– The Place
– The Past
– The Possibilities
– The Problems
The strand theme of the 2019 project will be: ‘The People’
Submission should consider the following elements when submitting:
- Durability: The selected artwork will need to last a minimum of one year with no maintenance
- Budget: the budget will be a maximum of €10,000 (projects whose budget exceeds that figure will not be considered.)
- Concept: A project that will involve others in the creative process, where the artist acts as a facilitator, working with a number of identified community groups from the Ballina area.
- Timeline: The selected work must be completed no later than 13th September 2019
Submissions should comprise:
- A detailed description of the proposed piece, including a photographic representation or simulation of the place in situ. (Photos of the proposed sites below – Note: these are subject to final permission and may change.)
- Up to 5 examples of previous works/projects.
- Detailed and current artist’s CV, showing evidence of successfully previous similar projects.
- A statement describing the piece, with details of how it fits the theme.
E-mailed application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before Wednesday 19th June.
Hard copy applications can be sent to:
Ballina Fringe Festival Street Arts Projects 2019
c/o Ballina Arts Centre, Barrett St, Ballina, Co. Mayo